Study Programmes in Buckinghamshire
Dynamic Training UK is working with local employers and youth agencies to promote Study Programmes in Buckinghamshire to young people aged 16-19.
Study Programme is a new vocational learning and training programme for young people that focuses on:
- ensuring those who may not have achieved a C or above in English and/or Maths at GCSE secure the required level for their future
- personal and social development sessions in preparation for starting a career and working in a team
- securing a relevant work placement for every participant, alongside the completion of vocational and work-ready qualifications.
Study Programme ensures all learning content is tailored to individual needs, interests and aspirations, and all programmes are designed to complement both vocational and academic learner pathways. Through the programme young people are supported to gain the skills required to progress into apprenticeship training, employment or further education.
Programmes are usually between six to twelve months in and consist of three main components:
- vocational learning in Health and Social Care, Childcare or Business Skills transferable across a variety of sectors.
- personal and social development including employability skills
- functional skills (English and maths).
- Four to six weeks of work experience
- pastoral support
Young people are supported with:
- an individual plan with realistic and achievable goals
- the development of employability skills
- regular one-to-one progress meetings
- information, advice and guidance about employment, training and education options available
- work experience
- further qualifications
- accessing Care to Learn scheme- funds available to young parents to help with childcare costs.
The Study Programme is an equivalent to full time education and enables parents/ guardians to continue receiving Child Tax Credit. The programme is fully funded for this age group. Learners will also receive a weekly allowance/ bursary and travel expenses*.
The programme will be designed indiviudally for each learner and will be run as a full time programme, minimum of 16 hours per week. All learners will be entitled to a weekly allowance/ bursary ( approx. £30 a week- means tested) and travel expenses as part of this programme.
Click here to see Study Programme, Information for employers.
*subject to eligibility checks